Clinical advantages of Koji’s Quest
In a clinical setting, Koji’s Quest brings benefits to traditional cognitive rehabilitation treatment. Most traditional rehabilitation focuses on compensation strategies and acceptance.
While important, recent research shows that repetitive functional cognitive training in virtual environments can induce enhanced neuroplasticity following brain injury.By stimulating cortical and subcortical areas, new neuronal connections can form, leading to modest but significant recovery of function. Koji’s Quest is specifically designed to stimulate key brain areas for several important cognitive functions that are necessary to function in everyday life. With Koji’s Quest, NeuroReality brings the following advantages:
- Resource-friendly – Group sessions and independent home training frees up clinician time.
- Entertaining, intensive & repetitive – The use of gamification in cognitive rehabilitation makes the experience more pleasant. Rewards make users want to try again, enhancing adherence
- Immersive & engaging – Broadfield of vision in state of the art Virtual Reality environment increases engagement and boosts results.
- Adaptive and Customisable – Every stroke patient is different. Koji’s Quest can be customised to individual needs and abilities and utilizes smart difficult adjustment algorithms
- Increased Accessibility – Koji’s quest features optional input methods to allow players with limited physical capabilities to control the game with their gaze. Furthermore Koji’s Quest can be used in a clinical setting or at home, on multiple devices.
- Innovative treatment – Koji’s Quest allows for indirect care and telerehabilitation which fit into current healthcare trends.
- Performance tracking – Monitoring performance helps create useful insights and metrics within the training and rehabilitation process.